A restored 1906 GWR mosaic, saved from demolition, is unveiled at Didcot Railway Centre. Un mosaico restaurado de 1906 GWR, salvado de la demolición, se presenta en el Centro Ferroviario Didcot.
A historic GWR mosaic, 1,600 mm in diameter and 223 kg, featuring the coats of arms for London and Bristol, was unveiled at Didcot Railway Centre. Un mosaico GWR histórico, de 1.600 mm de diámetro y 223 kg, con los escudos de Londres y Bristol, fue presentado en el Centro de Ferrocarriles Didcot. Originally from London Paddington Station, opened in 1906, the mosaic, made of about 10,000 tiles, was saved by volunteers in 1986 when the station was demolished. Originalmente de Londres Paddington Station, inaugurado en 1906, el mosaico, hecho de cerca de 10.000 azulejos, fue salvado por voluntarios en 1986 cuando la estación fue demolida. It was recently restored with a £41,500 contract awarded to the Mosaic Restoration Company. Fue recientemente restaurado con un contrato de 41.500 libras adjudicado a la Mosaic Restoration Company.